Job Title: Administrative Clerk – COCD
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
Position N°: 50067579
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries. The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Democratic republic Congo Country Office of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Administrative Clerk will work closely with the administration and finance team to provide office and administrative support.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Clerk will perform the following duties:
- Creation of Purchase Requisition in SAP MM environment;
- Assist as required with creating of trips and processing of mission claims in SAP travel environment
- Receive and greet visitors including maintaining visitors’ book and responding to routine requests for from the public.
- Screen telephone calls by providing information and/or directing them to appropriate staff
- Receive and screen all correspondences and distribute them to Country Manager’s Secretary.
- Provide secretarial assistance to include but not limited to typing, formatting, photocopying, scanning printing, and filing (electronic and hard copy) documents to Country Operations Manager, Country Programme Officers (CPO), sector specialists and visiting Missions as well as provide backup to Secretary to the Country Manager.
- Manage all public spaces of the office ensuring general upkeep; inventory of equipment and supplies, and provision of hospitality services.
- Maintain copies of all selected articles from national papers and maintain a simple database of all these articles.
- Make travel arrangements for the Country Office staff and visiting Bank missions.
- Act as Secretary, taking and distributing minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Country Manager, Country Operations Manager, CPO and sector specialists.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions/administration/office management
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in progressive positions, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Be able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting. Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies etc.)
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration services
- Be able to multi task, excellent problem solving skills and attention to details
- Effective communication; highly client oriented, good team working and relations
- Ability to operate effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Good innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits for the clients and the organization
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset
1st September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online