Job Title: Administrative Clerk
Ref Id: 1803585
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the post is to support the BFO/Administration unit to handle the day to day Management of WHO’s Health Emergencies programme on daily basis.
- The work of Budget coordination for the planned activities, and the disbursement as per the requirement of the Technical lead.
- Coordinates invoices submitted by creditors, seek clearance by the leading Technical Unit, and receipt of certification by BFO for disbursement.
- Work closely under supervision BFO to conduct the day to day Administrative work in timely manner.
Description of Duties
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Assist the Admin Assistant in the maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances statement and confirming adequacy of support documents as well as in rendering of monthly Imprest reports.
- Assist in preparing payment schedules/bank instructions including upload into electronic payment platforms.
- Assists with maintenance of petty cash account and replenishment of same.
- Assist with disbursement of SIAs funds including payment site monitoring and report.
- Assist in transport planning including monitoring of usage of hired vehicles, fueling of vehicle fleets and generator maintenance.
- Collects and deliver mails, pouches and other communication from and to courier companies, government agencies and other institution; maintains a mail movement register.
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time by the SC or AA
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by a Diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Desirable: Training in accounting/bookkeeping or equivalent work-related experience
- Essential: At least 2 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private organization of repute
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an Advantage
- Proven skills on standard office software; Proficient in Microsoft Excel;Training in Oracle or other ERP system.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
16th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.